1. Earlier this evening a water main break in Kennington, a district of central London, resulted in raw sewage pouring into the streets.
4. Firefighters came in to evacuate residents, as they tried to figure out how to stop the flooding.
7. Doing what any good live-tweeter does during a big event, he started a hashtag. #LondonPoo
8. More firefighters were called into the area as they worked to set up barricades.
9. Barricades that would save this brave journalist from being trapped by the #LondonPoo
10. About an hour after the live-tweets started, local media began to cover to flooding.
13. The rescue effort began as firefighters escorted residents through “the brown stuff.”
14. She was so happy to be rescued.
17. Unfortunately, Mr. “Lee” wasn’t so lucky.
- Scientists and supporters marched to fight against perceived hostility from Trump — with delightfully nerdy signs 🤓
- North Korea threatened Australia with a nuclear strike over its alliance with the United States.
- The police officer killed by a terrorist on the Champs-Élysées in Paris is being remembered as a defender of LGBT rights and a patriot.
- In 2014, #Girlboss became the woman's career bible. Now, Sophia Amoruso is doubling down on career-focused feminism with a new company.