24. Bananas: 656 Calories Per Dollar
Cheap and effective. Bananas cost about $0.61 per lb according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics and pack in 400 calories per lb. So for maximum fatness with minimum cost, ditch the fast food entirely and head to the fruit aisle. FYI, the average banana weighs less than half a pound, so you’re gonna have to eat quite a few to get those calories.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- The Women's March on Washington was one of the largest protests in the city's history.
- Trump's spokesman held a press conference to blame grass coverings for "minimizing" the crowd at the inauguration 🤔
- Members of the national security community reacted with shock after Trump attacked his critics while giving a speech at CIA headquarters.
- "SNL" featured a shirtless Vladimir Putin celebrating America's newest President.