1. When a patron wants you to find a book, based only on the vaguest detail.
2. And when you succeed.
5. When your maturity is tested by a patron’s name.
6. When you refuse to give up on a search, even if the patron asking is long gone.
8. When a little surprise falls out of a book you’re shelving.
9. When you see a book returned like this and your soul dies a little.
10. When some prankster does this to a freshly read and edged shelf.
12. When your shift is suddenly a workout.
14. When that potty training book comes back in, ah, not so great condition.
15. When you get first dibs on a brand new release.
16. When all of your holds come in at once and it is actually impossible to read them all.
18. When you’re genuinely concerned about your health.
19. When you realize you’ve basically become your family and friends’ personal librarian.
22. When the cart becomes an extension of your overflowing desk.
23. And when all of that overflows to your home.
24. When it’s time to move.
25. When a kid draws you a special picture because you’re her favorite librarian.
- It's here. Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump are facing off now for their first debate and we're covering it live 💥
- Ted Cruz said Trump's list of potential Supreme Court nominees spurred his decision to endorse his former opponent.
- Parents of the suspected Washington mall gunman who killed five people said he "had mental issues."