Above: the projected winning percentage of Major League Baseball teams this season, per Baseball Prospectus, compared to the price of beer at their stadiums courtesy of the Brookston Beer Bulletin. Below, winning percentage compared to average ticket price as measured by the Fan Cost Experience site.
And, factoring in the cheapness of beer, the price of tickets, and the likelihood of seeing a home win all together, here are BuzzFeed’s Beer And Baseball Top Ten:
6. 9. Cincinnati Reds
The Reds are another team whose beer could be cheaper, but their projected wins and cheap ticket prices make them a good pick if you don’t want to pay a lot to see your team dominate.
8. 7. Oakland Athletics
The A’s have a halfway-decent team, cheap beer and cheap tickets as well as some good diehard fans.
9. 6. Pittsburgh Pirates
A good deal especially when it comes to tickets. Also, Andrew McCutchen’s infectious smile counts for at least five wins.
10. 5. Texas Rangers
Lots of wins and cheap tickets at Rangers Ballpark. Beer’s a little pricey, but the fan above looks to have gotten over that problem.
11. 4. Tampa Bay Rays
A good all-around pick: cheap beer, cheap tickets, decent win projection. The Rays will show you a good time.
12. 3. Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim
The Angels have some of the best beer prices around. Couple that with a very good team and you have 81 reasons a year to party at Angel Stadium.
13. 2. Los Angeles Dodgers
The Dodgers have a World Series-contending team and very cheap tickets — way less expensive than their peers in other major cities.
14. 1. Arizona Diamondbacks
The Diamondbacks have the cheapest beer in our data set. They also have great ticket prices and a solid win projection. For a bargain and a great time, you’d be advised to “get bitten” at Chase Field. Catch some Diamondbacks fever! And please call pest control if you see an actual diamondback.
- Caitlyn Jenner told President Trump that his administration's rollback of protections for transgender kids was a "disaster."
- Recreational marijuana needs "greater enforcement" of federal law, said Spicer, pitting the White House against eight states that legalized its use.
- The mysterious substance used to kill North Korean leader Kim Jong Un's half-brother has been identified as VX nerve agent, a chemical listed as a weapon of mass destruction.
- Beyoncé has pulled out of performing at Coachella, citing doctors' advice about keeping a less rigorous schedule while pregnant 🐝😭