1. Romney in 2007:Politics should end at the water’s edge. Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid shouldn’t be going to Syria.
2. Romney in 2007:The President leads our foreign policy. You don’t have two people conducting separate foreign policies.
3. Romney in 2007 on this attacking Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld: “I don’t think pointing fingers at individuals is a productive exercise.”
“I really don’t think pointing fingers at individuals is a productive exercise at this point,” Romney said on those attacking Rumsfeld. “Clearly the president would agree the buck stops with him. He’s responsible for the management of our affairs, and I would not suggest we go and try and find individuals within various departments to assume the blame.”
- A newly unearthed Homeland Security report contradicts Donald Trump's travel ban, saying country of origin is not a reliable indicator of terrorism.
- The White House blocked several media outlets it's been critical of, including BuzzFeed, from a closed-door briefing by Press Secretary Sean Spicer.
- Hillary Clinton returned to the public arena in one of her first political appearances since the election, urging Democrats to "keep fighting."
- The White House strongly denies reports that Chief of Staff Reince Priebus urged the FBI to undermine stories linking Trump to Russia.