1. Obama in 2008:”The fact that lobbyist and special interests have been so dominant in how Washington works” has contributed to the American people don’t think they know what’s going….I want transparency. I want accountability.”
2. Obama in 2008:”On the whole issue of transparency this has been the most secretive administration maybe in our history. I mean, they won’t let you know what’s going on on anything.”
- Donald Trump says the shooting of NBA star Dwyane Wade's cousin is evidence of high crime rates he believes will boost his support among black people in November's election.
- Facebook shifts to algorithms to decide which stories to highlight in its trending news section after allegations of liberal bias at the company.
- Protesters climbed Berlin's Brandenburg Gate to protest against refugees. About 1.1 million asylum-seekers arrived in Germany last year.