1. Romney: There are 47% who are dependent on the government and will vote for Obama no matter what.
UPDATE: Obama campaign manager Jim Messina says in an emailed statement: “It’s shocking that a candidate for President of the United States would go behind closed doors and declare to a group of wealthy donors that half the American people view themselves as ‘victims,’ entitled to handouts, and are unwilling to take ‘personal responsibility’ for their lives. It’s hard to serve as president for all Americans when you’ve disdainfully written off half the nation.”
Romney campaign communications director Gail Gitcho issued the following statement e-mailed to reporters: “Mitt Romney wants to help all Americans struggling in the Obama economy. As the governor has made clear all year, he is concerned about the growing number of people who are dependent on the federal government, including the record number of people who are on food stamps, nearly one in six Americans in poverty, and the 23 million Americans who are struggling to find work. Mitt Romney’s plan creates 12 million new jobs in four years, grows the economy and moves Americans off of government dependency and into jobs.”
ALSO: A video from the event of Romney talking about labor at a Chinese factory was also originally posted back in May.
5. Mitt Romney: If I was Latino I’d have a better shot at winning this thing.
6. I was born with a silver spoon in my mouth. Which is to be born in America. [Note: This video clip cuts off the second part of the quote.]
7. Romney: Bain looked into buying a factory with young Chinese girls with substandard working conditions.
8. Romney: I wish we weren’t unionized.
9. Romney: We use Ann sparingly right now so that people don’t get tired of her.
10. Romney: I have inherited nothing. Everything I earned I earned the old fashioned.
11. Romney: I don’t want to give to the grandchildren.
12. Romney: Gosh I would like to bring in more legal immigrants.
13. Romney: The President not leaving 10-20K troops in Iraq is a failure in leadership.
14. Longer version: Romney on Obama voters.
15. Romney on treating Obama gingerly.
16. Longer version: Romney on his consultants.
- Hillary Clinton's campaign was reportedly hacked as part of what appears to be a broad cyber attack on Democrats.
- A federal court struck down North Carolina's voting restrictions, ruling they intentionally made it harder for black people to vote.
- Four people in Florida are likely the first to contract the Zika virus from mosquitos in the US, the state's governor says.