1. Here’s Oversight Committee ranking member Rep. Elijah Cummings reading the text of Majority Leader Mitch McConnell’s ad to IRS revenue agent Elizabeth Hofacre, asking if she has any knowledge of what the ad claims is fact:
2. Here’s McConnell’s ad from May:
- Hillary Clinton made her debut with VP pick Tim Kaine, who dipped into Spanish and spoke on support for immigration reform and gun control.
- The gunman who killed at least 10 people at a Munich, Germany mall on Friday was an 18-year-old "obsessed" with mass shootings, police said.
- ISIS has claimed responsibility for a bombing that killed at least 80 people in Afghanistan Saturday.