1. Democratic Rep. Stephen Lynch of Massachusetts appears to have deleted several statements on Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl from his various social media accounts.
2. His deleted tweets were caught by the website Politiwoops, a product of the Sunlight Foundation that tracks deleted tweets from members of Congress.
The tweets offered “warmest regards to his family with gratitude for his and their service.”
Republicans and others have criticized the deal in which five Taliban captives were traded for Bergdahl saying it sets a precedent for the exchange of prisoners of war in the future. Several former servicemembers who served with Bergdahl in Afghanistan have also accused him of desertion.
The Obama administration’s failure to inform Congress 30 days in advance of any prisoners being released has also caused significant backlash from members of Congress.
- Donald Trump, who wrote a book about his ability to get deals done, lost in his highest stakes negotiation yet — the battered GOP health care bill.
- A viral Instagram post falsely claimed 14 black girls went missing over 24 hours in Washington, DC, but that doesn't mean there isn't a problem. Now lawmakers are taking action.
- Apple says a hacking group that's threatening to wipe hundreds of millions of iPhones has not breached its iCloud system 📱
- Hi Stranger: A bizarre short film featuring a naked mumbling figurine is making everyone on the internet uncomfortable 🙃