2. The conservative National Legal and Policy Center, which has taken issue with a tour promoting free enterprise being sponsored by General Motors, launched the website http://fauxenterprise.com/ Sunday night to counter the Chamber.
The site, which features economists Fredrick Hayek and Milton Friedman mocking the two Chamber tour participants bills itself as “a somewhat satirical, somewhat serious look at what happens when crony companies make a complete mockery of our free enterprise system. Government Motors — still partially owned by the United States Treasury — is the absolute worst poster child imaginable for free market vibrancy.”
- President Trump signed an anti-abortion executive order that reinstates the so-called global gag rule, barring foreign organizations taking US money from providing abortions.
- The new Trump Hotel in Washington, DC, has lost more than $1 million and is in violation of Donald Trump's lease with the government, say Democratic lawmakers.
- In the first major lawsuit of his presidency, Donald Trump has been sued by top legal scholars over alleged conflicts of interest with his foreign business entanglements.
- The all-day breakfast boom at McDonald's is over as sales once again continued to fall for the fast food giant 🍳 📉