1. In an interview with the Michael Opitz Show Thursday, Republican Georgia Congressman and Senate candidate Paul Broun claimed the World War Two Memorial and the Lincoln Memorial were never closed during a government shutdown.
“There was absolutely no reason, whatsoever, for this administration to block access to the World War Two Memorial or the Lincoln Memorial. It’s never ever been done in a government shutdown prior to this administration doing so.”
2. The Lincoln Memorial was closed during one of the two shutdowns in 1995. During the second shutdown that went into 1996 ONLY the visitors center was closed.
- UK chancellor George Osborne says Brexit will impact the economy but Britain faces the challenge from "a position of strength."
- What Brexit can tell us about how the U.S. presidential election is going. Note: it's not the same thing as Trump.
- Thousands flooded New York City's streets to celebrate Pride on Sunday. It was a colorful party of love and acceptance.