1. In an interview with the Michael Opitz Show Thursday, Republican Georgia Congressman and Senate candidate Paul Broun claimed the World War Two Memorial and the Lincoln Memorial were never closed during a government shutdown.
“There was absolutely no reason, whatsoever, for this administration to block access to the World War Two Memorial or the Lincoln Memorial. It’s never ever been done in a government shutdown prior to this administration doing so.”
2. The Lincoln Memorial was closed during one of the two shutdowns in 1995. During the second shutdown that went into 1996 ONLY the visitors center was closed.
- Donald Trump's supporters think his comments about Miss Universe are no big deal.
- World leaders hailed the legacy of former Israeli statesman Shimon Peres at his state funeral in Jerusalem.
- Anti-Mafia police in Naples have recovered two Vincent van Gogh paintings that were stolen in Amsterdam 14 years ago.