1. In an interview with the Michael Opitz Show Thursday, Republican Georgia Congressman and Senate candidate Paul Broun claimed the World War Two Memorial and the Lincoln Memorial were never closed during a government shutdown.
“There was absolutely no reason, whatsoever, for this administration to block access to the World War Two Memorial or the Lincoln Memorial. It’s never ever been done in a government shutdown prior to this administration doing so.”
2. The Lincoln Memorial was closed during one of the two shutdowns in 1995. During the second shutdown that went into 1996 ONLY the visitors center was closed.
- Top legal scholars will be filing the 1st major lawsuit against President Donald Trump's alleged business conflicts on Monday.
- "Welcome to the movement": Women's March on Washington organizers are working tirelessly to make sure first-time marchers stick around ✊
- A mass grave in Mexico contained the remains of 56 people, many of whom went missing in 2010, authorities said Sunday.
- The New England Patriots are heading to the Super Bowl yet again. They'll play the Atlanta Falcons on Feb. 5 🏈