1. President Johnson had this phone call with Martin Luther King Jr. discussing strategy for passing the law.
2. President Johnson gave this address to Congress urging the to pass the Voting Rights Act.
5. Johnson gave these remarks on signing the Voting Rights Act.
- DNC Day 3: President Obama dropped the mic with "Don't boo, vote," and vice presidential nominee Tim Kaine reminded people of their dads 👴
- Prosecutors have dropped remaining charges against Baltimore police officers related to the death of Freddie Gray.
- Twelve states will support Obama's transgender policies in court after other states sued to block the rules.