2. On Sunday afternoon, Yahoo!’s Twitter account was temporarily hacked and sent out a Tweet indicating that an Ebola outbreak in Atlanta had infected 145 Americans. It was retweeted over 800 times within a ten minute timespan.
4. Ten minutes later, Yahoo confirmed that it was an “unauthorized tweet” with inaccurate information about an Ebola outbreak. The hacked Tweet was then deleted.
6. Yahoo! did not immediately respond to BuzzFeed’s request for comment.
- Hillary Clinton's campaign was reportedly hacked as part of what appears to be a broad cyber attack on Democrats.
- A federal court struck down North Carolina's voting restrictions, ruling they intentionally made it harder for black people to vote.
- Four people in Florida are likely the first to contract the Zika virus from mosquitos in the US, the state's governor says.