2. On Sunday afternoon, Yahoo!’s Twitter account was temporarily hacked and sent out a Tweet indicating that an Ebola outbreak in Atlanta had infected 145 Americans. It was retweeted over 800 times within a ten minute timespan.
4. Ten minutes later, Yahoo confirmed that it was an “unauthorized tweet” with inaccurate information about an Ebola outbreak. The hacked Tweet was then deleted.
6. Yahoo! did not immediately respond to BuzzFeed’s request for comment.
- Prime Minister Theresa May's Brexit: no single market, parliamentary vote on the final deal, and a warning to the EU not to punish the UK.
- The suspect wanted for killing 39 people at an Istanbul nightclub on New Year's Day has confessed to the shooting, Istanbul's governor said
- At least 40 Democratic lawmakers are boycotting Donald Trump's inauguration after the president-elect criticized civil rights leader John Lewis.
- The police report featuring Kim Kardashian West's first-hand account of the Paris robbery has been released.