1. A retaining wall collapsed at a recycling plant in Qingdao on Sunday after heavy rain hit the eastern Chinese city. Eighteen people were killed, the Associated Press reports.
3. The wall crushed a house for workers, where 40 people were staying, the Qingdao government information office said. Three others were injured in the accident.
5. Recently, China’s eastern coastal and southern regions have been drenched by heavy rains. There were two other deaths in the Hunan province and Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, which were also linked to flooding and landslides.
7. Authorities are investigating the collapse.
- DNC Day 2: Bill Clinton took the crowd down memory lane, and then Hillary broke through a virtual glass ceiling 💥
- An Australian teen who was subjected to detention abuse has written a letter thanking the public for its support.
- 🍎📉: Apple's business is declining due to slowing iPhone sales, but the company is still making a ton of money.