4. The White House has taken additional steps to achieve gender balance, including nominating Samantha Powers as United Nations ambassador and Susan E. Rice as national security adviser. In total, Obama has named 13 women to cabinet-level positions.
7. “It’s not so much about how many women, but are women represented, are the policies helping women?” said Victoria A. Budson, the executive director of the women and public policy program at the Harvard Kennedy School of Government.
Senate Armed Services Committee regarding sexual assaults in the military.
- BuzzFeed News exposes a secretive legal system that allows corporations to intimidate entire countries with one threat.
- Donald Trump's campaign CEO Stephen Bannon and an associate were accused of sexual harassment in a 1990s court case.
- And Apple has to repay up to €13 billion ($14.5 billion) in illegal tax benefits to Ireland, the European Commission has ruled.