4. The White House has taken additional steps to achieve gender balance, including nominating Samantha Powers as United Nations ambassador and Susan E. Rice as national security adviser. In total, Obama has named 13 women to cabinet-level positions.
7. “It’s not so much about how many women, but are women represented, are the policies helping women?” said Victoria A. Budson, the executive director of the women and public policy program at the Harvard Kennedy School of Government.
Senate Armed Services Committee regarding sexual assaults in the military.
- The Democratic National Convention starts today and it's already off to a rocky start. Here's what you need to know 🇺🇸🔔
- At least two people have been killed and 16 others were injured in a shooting outside a nightclub in Fort Myers, Florida.
- Verizon is buying Yahoo's core business for about $5 billion, ending the web pioneer's run as an independent company.