Although the taped boy in the photo is not her son, Almquist said she received a call a day later from Pam Decker, the owner of Heart2Heart. Decker apparently took responsibility for the incident, and admitted that Almquist’s son had also been taped down.
Decker had been complaining for weeks about Almquist’s son not sleeping during nap time, and had asked Almquist to buy a weighted blanket to help keep him from getting up during the designated nap time.
6. The school’s director and co-owner, Ashlea Pena, issued a statement, although it did not directly address the duct tape allegations:
The staff and I have the best interest of the children and parents as our highest priority… The school has an exemplary performance history, and will work with childcare licensing authorities and cooperate fully with any investigation.
The school also reported the incident to authorities.
In an email to concerned parents, Pena described Decker’s actions as “thoughtless” and “foolish,” but said that the children were not harmed.
Pena also defended the school, saying that the situation had been “extremely exaggerated by a very upset parent.” She added that “the child involved was in no way harmed or caused any distress, in fact within five minutes he was sound asleep with his arms tucked under his chin. And woke up smiling.”
8. Almquist told ABC that she immediately withdrew her son from Heart2Heart and reported what happened to the Willow Park Police Department.
“I just don’t want this to ever happen again,” Almquist said. “I don’t think children should be treated this way.”
Child Protective Services do not investigate day care centers, but the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services’ Child Licensing Division has launched an investigation, which may last up to thirty days, according to agency officials.
- Fyre Festival — organized by Ja Rule and billed as a luxury event — has turned into a total shitshow and people are livid 💸😱
- American Airlines gave workers a raise — to the highest pay in the industry — and Wall Street is furious. The company's stock has been falling since Thursday.
- The new leader of Marine Le Pen's National Front party in France has stepped down amid accusations of Holocaust denial.
- We found an average of about one false statement per day from Trump and his aides throughout the president's first 100 days in office 💯