1. Demonstrators gathered in front of a Courthouse in Billings, Montana today to protest Judge Baugh’s ruling that a rapist spend just 30 days in jail, because his child victim was “in control” of the situation and “older than her chronological years.”
A good turnout in Billings, MT for the Protest of Judge Baugh’s sentence and comments. #Justice4Cherice #ResignBaugh
Although District Judge G. Todd Baugh apologized for his word choice, he has defended his ruling, arguing rapist and former teacher Stacey Rambold is “treatable” and at “low risk to re-offend.”
6. Auliea Hanlon, the victim’s mother, said Judge Baugh’s apology was “irrelevant” because he defended the 30-day prison sentence given to Rambold, The Associate Press reports.
The rape victim, Cherice Morales, committed suicide in 2010, before the trial began. She did not testify before Judge Baugh.
Please sign petition to remove the Montana Judge who gave only 30 days to a child rapist: http://t.co/FJZiAvqVFn/ Via
Unseat Judge Who Let Rapist… http://t.co/pIWov43Z96/ Via
54 yr. old gets 30 days 4 repeated rape 14 yr old, who kills herself. Judge: “This wasn’t FORCIBLE RAPE”. Sign: http://t.co/O4q6PMLo9U/ Via
I signed this @MoveOn petition, objecting to a Montana judge who sentenced a repeat rapist to 30 days in jail. http://t.co/2LhfIGZcpb/ Via
Yellowstone County Judge G. Todd Baugh: Take rape seriously! http://t.co/Yb4wJ4H0ci important petition started by @OnwardnFword/ Via
My Young Friend and I can’t let this go until a recall starts. Good caring friends, Pls sign & RT: http://t.co/zxM45qWDdv/ Via
14. Judge Baugh has given harsh sentences for rape before.
In September 2011, Baugh sentenced a 26-year-old man to 100 years in prison for the rape of an 11-year-old boy, CNN reports. In August 2012, the judge sentenced a 23-year-old man to 56 years in prison for possession of child pornography. The defendant also admitted to sexually assaulting a 13-year-old girl, for which Baugh sentenced him to a 10-year term.
Yet, Judge Baugh defends his ruling in this case. According to The Billings Gazette, Judge Baugh will pen an addendum to the court file this week explaining the reasons behind his decision. As of August 29, he is still seeking reelection unopposed.
- Donald Trump will remain an executive producer on NBC's "The Celebrity Apprentice" while he's president.
- John Glenn, a pioneering astronaut and the first American to orbit the Earth, has died at 95. Godspeed, Glenn 🚀🇺🇸
- Trump has picked Andy Puzder, CEO of Hardee's and Carl's Jr. and an outspoken critic of raising the minimum wage, for labor secretary
- Uber finally laid out hard rules for riders: No guns, sex, or barfing, please 🚗❌