1. On Sunday the Associated Press released spectacular video from NASA’s Solar Dynamics Observatory of a flare erupting from the sun.
3. It’s so remarkable and beautiful that it almost doesn’t seem real.
The eruption took place on April 2 and reached its peak at 15:05 GMT, according to NASA.
4. Solar flares are powerful bursts of radiation. The flare captured is classified as “mid-level,” which means it is 10 times less powerful than the most intense flares.
The Telegraph reports that radiation from a flare cannot pass through the Earth’s atmosphere and harm humans, but it can disrupt the layer of the atmosphere where GPS and communications signals travel.
5. Just imagine seeing this from space…
- Four people were arrested after Trump supporters and protesters clashed during a "Make America Great Again" rally in California.
- The deadly Westminster attack that left four people dead Wednesday began and was over with in 82 seconds, police said Saturday.
- People in Belarus took to the streets and opposed a "social parasites" tax on people who have been unemployed for six months.
- Heads up, Harry Potter fans. You can now get Butterbeer ice cream at your grocery store 🍦✨