1. On Sunday the Associated Press released spectacular video from NASA’s Solar Dynamics Observatory of a flare erupting from the sun.
3. It’s so remarkable and beautiful that it almost doesn’t seem real.
The eruption took place on April 2 and reached its peak at 15:05 GMT, according to NASA.
4. Solar flares are powerful bursts of radiation. The flare captured is classified as “mid-level,” which means it is 10 times less powerful than the most intense flares.
The Telegraph reports that radiation from a flare cannot pass through the Earth’s atmosphere and harm humans, but it can disrupt the layer of the atmosphere where GPS and communications signals travel.
5. Just imagine seeing this from space…
- It's Day 2 of the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia. Here's what you need to know🇺🇸
- ISIS has claimed responsibility for a church attack that killed a priest in northern France on Tuesday.
- 🍎📉: Apple's business is declining due to slowing iPhone sales, but the company is still making a ton of money.