1. This is Michael Goodman. Thirty four years ago he stole Claude Soffel’s bus pass on the steps of The Museum of Natural History to prove he was in a gang.
2. This is Claude Soffel.
3. It turns out Goodman still feels really, really bad about this crime.
7. Goodman took the opportunity to finally seek forgiveness from Soffel, telling him in a Facebook comment that he has “never forgotten the incident or your name” and that it has “sort of haunted me a bit throughout my life.”
“Here I am on fb. reading about my favorite bagel store in the world closing down, & who’s name do I see but yours & your quote about 2 salt bagels & the Dublin house (which I used to go to all the time, & get 1 onion & 1 salt bagel & eat it at the Dublin back in the day!) & my brain was blown! Finally I can say ~ I”M VERY SORRY that you had to go through that crap that day long ago, I wish it had never happened but it did.”
10. Then today, Goodman wrote back.
11. Soffle hasn’t responded yet, but it seems like the two men have made up, even if it took a very long time.
- In case you missed it: Trump and Clinton roasted each other at a charity dinner and it was awkward AF 😬
- Think before you trust Facebook: Hyperpartisan pages are posting false or misleading information up to 38% of the time 💻⁉️
- A Mexican judge has approved the extradition of drug cartel leader Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán to the United States.
- This guy casually sat in a flooding Starbucks during intense storms in Hong Kong and became the internet's newest hero.