2. The university’s Vicki Score told MailOnline: “We’ve seen similar skeletons before from Leicester where a couple have been buried together.”
“The main thing is why were they buried up there? There is a perfectly good church in Hallaton. Was it a special place?”
3. The pair are believed to be of a similar age.
According to the Leicester Mercury, the couple aren’t the only discovery the team of volunteers digging the site have made. Tiles from a Roman building have been found underneath the chapel.
4. Score told the paper: “It shows this ground has been used as a special sort of place by people for at least 2,000 years.”
5. However, she also said there’s a gap in the archeologists’ knowledge of what happened between the Roman and medieval periods.
She told the Mercury: “We are missing about 500 years. We don’t know what happened here during that time.”
6. Right, now let’s all read the most beautiful poem Philip Larkin ever wrote.
- Donald Trump said that his comments about Sweden were referring to a Fox News segment, not an actual incident in the country 🇸🇪🙃
- The CEO of Uber is investigating sexism and sexual harassment claims after a former employee said her reports were ignored.
- Geologists say they've discovered an eighth continent beneath New Zealand. "Zealandia" is 94% submerged underwater 🔎🌍
- The US ambassador to Somalia gave the country's new president a "Make Somalia Great Again" hat and the exchange was ~confusing~.