3. “What is less well known is that he was also a renowned cat lover.”
Hunter S. Thompson
7. “Soon Snowball had a litter of polydactyl-gene-carrying cats, who Hemingway named after famous people of his time.”
9. “Just as the Hemingway legend continues to grow after his death, so does the celebrity-named, six-toed, 55-cat colony at his home-turned-museum.”
11. “I was intrigued by the story of a softer side to Hemingway and gained permission for a companion shoot.”
13. “I decided to use a contrived portrait setting befitting their genetic and celebrity heritage.”
15. “Like their famous namesakes, some of the cats lapped up the attention while others fled from the set like they were being chased by paparazzi.”
16. Here’s Henry with Winston Churchill.
Watch his making-of video here.
- Donald Trump's pick for commerce secretary, Wilbur Ross, admitted at his confirmation hearing he once employed an undocumented immigrant as a household worker.
- It's official: Scientists announced today that 2016 was the hottest year on record and that greenhouse gasses are to blame ♨️️🌍
- President Obama commuted Chelsea Manning's 35-year sentence for giving classified documents to WikiLeaks. She'll be freed in May.
- "Will & Grace" will return for a 10-episode revival. Debra Messing and Eric McCormack will reprise their roles in the groundbreaking NBC sitcom.