1. The New York Police Department responded to a bomb scare in New York City after a suspicious package was found on a bench at Madison Square Park in the Flatiron District, near the intersection of 5th Avenue and 23rd Street.
2. Police instructed nearby offices to keep everyone inside their buildings. BuzzFeed employees were among them, as our office is immediately across the street.
3. A suspicious package that appeared to the naked eye to be a blue duffel bag was approached by an officer wearing protective armor.
6. Police gave an all clear approximately 15 minutes after telling everyone to stay in place.
- President Donald Trump has commented on yesterday's massive Women's Marches asking, "why didn't these people vote?"
- Kellyanne Conway says White House press sec. Sean Spicer didn't lie about crowd size at Trump's inauguration. He gave "alternative facts."
- Members of the national security community reacted with shock after Trump attacked his critics while giving a speech at CIA headquarters.
- "SNL" featured a shirtless Vladimir Putin celebrating America's newest President.