1. The New York Police Department responded to a bomb scare in New York City after a suspicious package was found on a bench at Madison Square Park in the Flatiron District, near the intersection of 5th Avenue and 23rd Street.
2. Police instructed nearby offices to keep everyone inside their buildings. BuzzFeed employees were among them, as our office is immediately across the street.
3. A suspicious package that appeared to the naked eye to be a blue duffel bag was approached by an officer wearing protective armor.
6. Police gave an all clear approximately 15 minutes after telling everyone to stay in place.
- So about that wall: Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto says he told Donald Trump his country's not paying for it.
- Brazil's senate has voted to remove Dilma Rousseff as president over a months-long corruption scandal.
- Here's how bankers are using a powerful, little-known justice system to turn a huge profit: part three of a BuzzFeed News investigation.
- Researchers have found the first identical twin puppies ever in the dog species 🐶 🐶