1. The New York Police Department responded to a bomb scare in New York City after a suspicious package was found on a bench at Madison Square Park in the Flatiron District, near the intersection of 5th Avenue and 23rd Street.
2. Police instructed nearby offices to keep everyone inside their buildings. BuzzFeed employees were among them, as our office is immediately across the street.
3. A suspicious package that appeared to the naked eye to be a blue duffel bag was approached by an officer wearing protective armor.
6. Police gave an all clear approximately 15 minutes after telling everyone to stay in place.
- Charlotte police will release video of Keith Lamont Scott's death today, the police chief says.
- Random sampling doesn't quite work like it used to, and that could be a big problem political polling.
- Police in Uganda blocked a pride parade, after the country's ethics minister warned such a demonstration would be illegal.