1. A quiche caper went awry in northeast England when a pair of hungry thieves broke into a café for food but then armed themselves with knives and barricaded themselves inside after police surrounded the establishment.
2. Angela Marshall, who runs the cafe with her husband, spoke to The Guardian about how the thieves desired the flaky delight:
“Apparently they were hungry and wanted some quiche. There was a little bit of money in the till, but I think they just wanted food and then it got out of hand.”
4. After police convinced the 20- and 21-year-old burglars to drop their knives and end their standoff, they were arrested on suspicion of aggravated burglary.
“People come from all over for our quiche, but that was taking it a bit far,” Marshall said.
- President Trump has given House Republicans an ultimatum: Pass their health care bill Friday or he'll move on to other issues.
- The Republican health care bill is "anti-woman," said the president of Planned Parenthood, whose organization would be defunded by the legislation.
- The suspect in the London terror attack near Parliament, who was killed by police, has been identified as 52-year-old Khalid Masood.
- Donald Trump had a photo op in a semitruck. The photos were too good not to become a meme — and the internet delivered 🚛👍