2. Nationally syndicated radio host, Tom Joyner, interviewed Jeantel Tuesday morning and said he wanted to help her after seeing her testimony and CNN interview.
3. “Hi Rachel, this is Tom Joyner, I love you, I really do love you,” he said. Jeantel giggled and said, “I know.”
But, Jeantel didn’t know how much she was loved because, Joyner was soon to dramatically change her life in a matter of minutes, saying, “If you want to graduate from high school, and go to an HBCU, even if it’s not in Florida but especially Florida, like Florida Memorial, Edward Waters or FAMU, if you want to do that, I want to help you do that.”
4. An HCBU is a historically black college or university and Joyner wasn’t done.
“I will help you get tutors to get you out of high school, tutors to help you pass the SAT and I will give you a full ride scholarship to any HBCU you’d like,” he said.
6. Jeantel only had one response. “Thank you.”
She said that she might pursue a career in law enforcement.
- US intelligence officials issued repeated warnings to European allies about attacks by Russian state-backed hackers, but it was too little, too late.
- Gen. David Petraeus helped block the autopsy of an Afghan man who died mysteriously in US custody, emails obtained by BuzzFeed News show.
- Rudy Giuliani is no longer being considered for a position in the Trump administration. Trump says the former NYC mayor withdrew his name.
- People are in love with a dog who rides around in a decked out dog car spreading Christmas cheer to hospital patients 🐶🎄