2. Cosby says prison officials told him fish is not meat. PETA, of course, disagrees.
“Clearly fish is meat,” said Jeff Kerr, an attorney for PETA, to the AP. “They have thoughts. They have interests. They have a central nervous system. They are not swimming vegetables.”
The organization sent a letter to warden Scott Erfe on Tuesday.
Several inmates across the country have won similar disputes with prison officials over their diets, and PETA hopes Cosby’s complaint can be resolved without having to take it to court.
Correction Department spokesman Andrius Banevicius told the AP that the issue is currently being reviewed by the Department of Correction’s Religious Issue Review Committee.
- The FBI will reopen its investigation into Hillary Clinton's private email server after discovering new emails.
- Former employees of Palantir, one of Silicon Valley's most valuable startups, are struggling to cash out of stock options 📉
- Russia has been blocked from serving on the UN Human Rights Council in a surprising vote.
- Here are some of the best Vines to watch before Twitter kills it 💀