2. Cosby says prison officials told him fish is not meat. PETA, of course, disagrees.
“Clearly fish is meat,” said Jeff Kerr, an attorney for PETA, to the AP. “They have thoughts. They have interests. They have a central nervous system. They are not swimming vegetables.”
The organization sent a letter to warden Scott Erfe on Tuesday.
Several inmates across the country have won similar disputes with prison officials over their diets, and PETA hopes Cosby’s complaint can be resolved without having to take it to court.
Correction Department spokesman Andrius Banevicius told the AP that the issue is currently being reviewed by the Department of Correction’s Religious Issue Review Committee.
- Donald Trump said that his comments about Sweden were referring to a Fox News segment, not an actual incident in the country 🇸🇪🙃
- The CEO of Uber is investigating sexism and sexual harassment claims after a former employee said her reports were ignored.
- Geologists say they've discovered an eighth continent beneath New Zealand. "Zealandia" is 94% submerged underwater 🔎🌍
- The US ambassador to Somalia gave the country's new president a "Make Somalia Great Again" hat and the exchange was ~confusing~.