2. Cosby says prison officials told him fish is not meat. PETA, of course, disagrees.
“Clearly fish is meat,” said Jeff Kerr, an attorney for PETA, to the AP. “They have thoughts. They have interests. They have a central nervous system. They are not swimming vegetables.”
The organization sent a letter to warden Scott Erfe on Tuesday.
Several inmates across the country have won similar disputes with prison officials over their diets, and PETA hopes Cosby’s complaint can be resolved without having to take it to court.
Correction Department spokesman Andrius Banevicius told the AP that the issue is currently being reviewed by the Department of Correction’s Religious Issue Review Committee.
- More than two dozen people were injured after a truck crashed into a crowd at a Mardi Gras parade on Saturday, New Orleans police said.
- President Trump said he will skip the White House correspondents' dinner. Yesterday, he called the media "the enemy of the people."
- Moderate to severe coral bleaching continues to affect the Great Barrier Reef almost a year after the worst bleaching crisis in history.
- Here's the beef: Rapper Remy Ma dragged Nicki Minaj in a new diss track, who fired back with a Beyoncé endorsement 😱