1. Geraldo Rivera the Fox News personality whose career has featured its fair share of controversial statements, took to “Fox and Friends” Friday morning for a little bit of insight. Namely, that the six female jurors would have killed Trayvon Martin too.
2. Besides feeling confident enough to make a serious assumption that the six jurors, five of whom are mothers themselves, would have shot and killed Martin, Rivera also says the victim was 6’2” tall when he was 5’11”.
The photo is from the closing arguments made Thursday by the prosecution and Friday by the defense, after which jurors will deliberate to come to their final verdict.
3. This was not the first time Rivera made puzzling comments about the Trayvon Martin shooting.
“I am urging the parents of black and Latino youngsters, particularly, to not let their children go out wearing hoodies,” Rivera said. “I think the hoodie is as much responsible for Trayvon Martin’s death as George Zimmerman was.”
- Hillary Clinton's campaign manager accused Russia of backing a leak of Democratic party emails to secretly help Trump's presidential chances.
- Russia won't be banned from the Rio Olympics but its athletes need to pass new anti-doping tests to compete, the IOC ruled.
- ISIS has claimed responsibility for a bombing that killed at least 80 people in Afghanistan Saturday.