1. Shellie Zimmerman, the wife of George Zimmerman, told ABC’s “Good Morning America” that her marriage is strained and she wasn’t even staying at home the night of Trayvon Martin’s death.
2. “I was staying at my father’s house, we had gotten into an argument the night before and I left,” she said.
3. She revealed that she may leave her husband, and they may not even be together right now — she wouldn’t elaborate.
Asked if they’re still together, she said, “I’m not going to answer that,” adding that she wants to stay married and have children. When asked if that was with George, she responded, “That’s something I’m going to have to think about.”
4. George Zimmerman wasn’t in court this week when she pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor perjury charge for lying during a bail hearing after his arrest.
She was sentenced to a year’s probation and 100 hours of community service.
5. While she said she doesn’t believe her husband was capable of intentionally killing Martin, she expressed sadness at what the teenager’s family is going through.
“I’m so deeply sorry for their loss,” she said. “I can’t even begin to understand the grief a parent experiences when they lose a child.”
- The 36 victims in the Oakland warehouse fire were trapped with "no way out" in America's deadliest blaze in over a decade.
- Donald Trump has picked former WWE CEO Linda McMahon to lead the Small Business Administration.
- Tennessee authorities have charged two minors with starting the massive wildfires that killed 14 people last month.
- This dad had the most adorable freak out to his family when he met his first alpaca 😂