1. Egypt’s court on Monday banned Muslim Brotherhood activities in a continuing campaign to crack down on deposed President Mohammed Morsi’s supporters.
2. The group’s funds were seized, and the government was ordered to administer its assets.
“The court bans the activities of the Muslim Brotherhood organization and its non-governmental organization and all the activities that it participates in and any organization derived from it,” said the presiding judge Mohammed al-Sayed.
3. Army Chief Abdel Fattah al-Sisi is leading the toughest crackdown on the 85-year-old Muslim Brotherhood in decades.
4. “This is totalitarian decision,” leading Muslim Brotherhood member Ibrahim Moneir said in an interview with Qatari-based Al-Jazeera Mubasher Misr TV.
“You are losers and it (the Brotherhood) will remain with God’s help, not by the orders by the judiciary of el-Sissi,”
- Speaking on Tuesday, German leader Angela Merkel said the UK can't expect to keep privileges once it leaves the EU.
- It's #TurnUpToVote week at BuzzFeed. Ready for November? You can register right here 🇺🇸
- Ikea is expected to offer refunds in what's being reported as an unprecedented recall of more than 25 million dressers.