1. About the only thing the nation could agree upon after the polarizing George Zimmerman trial was that it was not a laughing matter. It was serious and a commentary on a whole list of issues the U.S. must examine.
2. Not so for a group of fun-loving, chill, 30-somethings in Long Island, New York, who’ve thought of just the thing to break the ice at a party they’re having this weekend: Two guys, roleplaying the fatal fight between George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin.
Yeah, that’ll be hilarious.
5. Hopefully, they won’t receive responses from anyone who thinks this incident should be taken seriously.
- President Trump has given House Republicans an ultimatum: Pass their health care bill Friday or he will move on to other issues.
- FBI agents posed as filmmakers to talk to armed militia during a standoff in Nevada, then used the footage against two men on trial in federal court.
- The suspect in the London terror attack near Parliament, who was killed by police, has been identified as 52-year-old Khalid Masood.
- A lawsuit has been filed against a renowned UC Berkeley professor who allegedly sexually harassed and assaulted a former student and employee.