1. An aide for Governor Scott Walker, Taylor Palmisano, was fired after tweets from 2011 surfaced where she made inflammatory remarks about Mexicans and undocumented immigrants.
Walker made the decision after being made aware of the tweets by a Milwaukee-Wisconsin Journal Sentinel columnist.
3. Palmisano, who deactivated her Facebook and Twitter profiles, gave a statement to the Journal Sentinel.
“I deeply regret these offensive and irresponsible remarks,” she said. “I sincerely apologize, and understand the consequences of making such unacceptable statements.”
4. The firings come after Walker has talked about the importance of reaching out to minority voters. His office distanced itself from Palmisano.
“Both the governor and the campaign condemn these insulting remarks, which do not reflect our views in any way,” said Friends of Scott Walker spokesman Jonathan Wetzel, who added that she was “immediately removed.”
5. Palmisano was recently ridiculed for a Black Friday fundraising email she wrote asking Wisconsin residents to avoid “electronics or toys that will undoubtedly be outdated, broken, or lost by the next Holiday Season” and instead give to Walker’s campaign.
6. h/t: @Latino Rebels
- Hillary Clinton's campaign is making an unprecedented play for Utah, a state that hasn't gone blue since 1964 🔵
- It's not just you. A massive attack has brought down major sites like Twitter and Spotify for some users in the US.
- At least 26 people have been treated by medics after a chemical incident at London City Airport.
- People are trolling Eric Trump for apparently getting caught putting lemonade in a free water cup at In-N-Out.