1. As the prospects for immigration reform have repeatedly risen, then floundered, dreamers — undocumented youth brought to the U.S. as children — have created artwork to share their stories and experiences.
3. “Just the other day I met this undocumented college freshman at an art show I had at UC Berkley, and he told me that because of my work he didn’t feel alone,” artist Julio Salgado told BuzzFeed.
4. “He said it was a great feeling to see himself in art.”
6. Alberto Ledesma, a former professor and current faculty member at UC Berkeley, created “Diary of a Dreamer,” more than 100 images that tell his story.
7. He says cartooning is his activism. “Cartooning has allowed me to convey messages that I could not get across with my academic and creative prose,” he writes.
8. “Surviving while undocumented 101: Choose your disguises carefully!” he captioned this piece.
9. “Little Diego, Dreamer Boy.”
10. Superman as undocumented, Lex Luthor as border patrol.
11. The dreamer’s art shows Obama’s mixed legacy with them.
22. Ledesma said what struck him, is that the students who made it to UC Berkeley had something in common.
“They’re always trying to show that they’re more than their immigrant status.”
- The man suspected of shooting and killing five people in a Washington mall is now in custody, officials said.
- Charlotte police have released video of Keith Lamont Scott's shooting and photos of a gun they say he had loaded.
- Kim Kardashian said she is voting for Hillary Clinton after being quoted saying she was "on the fence."