1. Two storms, Ingrid and Manuel, converged on Mexico from the Gulf and the Pacific, triggering flash floods.
4. People waited to receive food rations in the flooded Mexican beach resort of Acapulco.
8. Some stole supplies from supermarkets.
11. More than 2,000 tourists were airlifted by the army.
15. This man was rescued from dangerous flood waters.
16. Some looked for food in the water.
17. People clamored to receive clean water.
18. While the official number is 80 people dead, that number is expected to rise with dozens missing.
- Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe will visit Pearl Harbor in Hawaii later this month — the first Japanese leader to do so.
- Donald Trump has picked retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson to be his secretary of housing and urban development.
- The far-right candidate in Austria's presidential election has conceded defeat, obstructing the advance of the global populist movement in Europe.
- A woman clapped back at her anti-gay neighbor using festive rainbow Christmas lights 🎄👏