1. The Butter Cow, an annual attraction at the Iowa State Fair since 1911, was doused in red paint and the words “Freedom For All” were written on the glass window of the display case on Sunday.
The image was submitted to the Des Moines Register by the activist organization Iowans for Animal Liberation.
2. Iowans for Animal Liberation, an activist group possibly associated with the Animal Liberation Front, has claimed that they were responsible for the vandalization, stating that the paint represents “the blood of 11 billion animals murdered each year.”
- Bomb threats were called into Jewish centers in at least 13 states today, making it the fifth wave of threats since January.
- "Moonlight" won Best Picture at the Oscars, but they accidentally gave it to "La La Land" first 😳
- The House Intelligence chairman denied that his call to a reporter at the behest of the White House would influence the probe of Trump and Russia.
- Philip Bilden, the businessman nominated by President Trump to be secretary of the Navy, has withdrawn himself from consideration.