1. Vicktor Taiwò - Kiss You Cover
Seriously the 1D boys are awesome, but Vicktor’s raspy voice adds a sexiness to this song that the original version doesn’t have.
3. Rhye- Open
A bit of funk in the beat. Similar to Quadron, but Ryhe’s voice is absolutely stunning and super smooth.
4. RY X-Berlin
I just contemplate my whole life when I hear this song. It makes me want to quit school and go live in nature. I don’t really know why I react this way to this song, but ummm yeah it’s super good.
5. VV Brown- Substitute For Love
I feel like people just forgot about VV Brown after Shark in the water, but her voice is breathtaking. ^ Example A
6. Chet Faker- No Diggity
I love how chill this cover is. The original song is super chill but this is like 100 times more chill. (Note to self: find synonym for chill )
7. Say Lou Lou - Maybe You
Ahhh this song is refreshing. Say Lou Lou’s harmonies are killer.
8. FKA Twigs - Ultraviolet
FKA Twigs’ voice is RIDICULOUS! It so gentle. Gotta love her.
Sidenote: This is one of the less tranquil songs on this list.
10. Yuna - Someone Who Can
I know Yuna has a handful of tranquil songs and this is not one of them, but this song has such good lyrics and I relate so hard!!! Anyways, Yuna has an angelic voice and I love her so she had to be on this list.
11. Sampha - Can’t Get Close
SAMPHA! Go listen to his EP Dual! DO IT RIGHT NOW! This guy is incredible. he also has some really great colabs ith SBTRKT, DRAKE, Little Dragons etc
12. BANKS - Bedroom Wall
Definitely one of my best music discoveries in 2013. BANKS is dopeness personified. Super soothing voice.
13. Half Moon Run - Call Me in the Afternoon
Really folky. Love, love, love.
14. Delilah - Inside My Love
Love this remake of Minnie Riperton’s song. Delilah has a really gorgeous tone.
15. Chlöe Howl - I Wish I Could Tell You
This song is so innocent and sweet and Chlöe Howl just sounds like a darling. I love her and I can’t wait for her to blow up!
That’s all folks. Hope you like this list!
- Immigrants are worried two government memos are laying the groundwork for the deportation force Trump promised on the campaign trail.
- A US federal judge ruled that Texas can't cut Planned Parenthood out of its Medicaid program.
- According to the World Bank, a child born in 2014, on average, will live for more than 71 years.
- A 2-year-old boy lost a race at school after he spotted his dad and ran to hug him instead of crossing the finish line 👦💨💞