1. Right. You came to your neighbour's party tonight to make some new friends and that's what you're going to do. No backing out!
2. I don't know anyone. They're going to think I'm weird.
3. Just smile. Everybody likes somebody who smiles.
4. But don't smile too much. Less teeth…what are you a shark?
5. Oh! There's the girl you overheard chatting in the kitchen earlier. She seemed friendly, go talk to her.
6. But what do I say?
7. Anything, anything at all. You want to talk to her, just go over and say something.
8. It doesn't matter what you say.
9. *10 minutes later* JUST SAY SOMETHING!
10. Dammit! I waited too long. Now's she's talking to somebody else.
11. They are walking over here, now's your chance!
12. Mention Game of Thrones because everybody watches Game of Thrones, right?
13. 'How about that Jon Snow? Pretty hot?'
14. That was stupid. Of all the things you could have said, that was what you chose?
15. They laughed. You're in!
16. Now, all you have to do is talk like a human for 10 minutes.
17. Easier said than done…
18. Oh no, I wasn't listening when she said her name.
19. Is it Jane? No…Janet? Joan?
20. Should I ask her to repeat it?
21. I'll just wait until somebody else says it.
22. I know we've just started talking but is it too early to send Jane/Janet/Joan a Facebook request?
23. How did we jump from Game of Thrones to badminton?
24. OMG! She likes playing badminton, I like badminton too! Maybe we could play together sometime.
25. Go on ask her. Ask her if she wants to play badminton!
26. Oh no, they're looking at me. I should tell a story...if only I could think of one.
27. Erm...first thing that comes to mind. Ducks! Tell them about that article you read about ducks!
28. DUCKS REALLY. DUCKS?!?!
29. They think I'm boring. I'm sure he just yawned!
30. Wait, what's the other guy's name?
31. They're leaving. She can't leave! I need her to be my friend. BE MY BEST FRIEND ALREADY!!!
32. I officially give up! I'm going home to play with my cat.