1. Katy Perry Sells Her Hollywood Hills Home
John Mayer’s main squeeze, Katy Perry, has finally sold her Hollywood Hills house, but it was more of a whisper than a roar. According to the Los Angeles Times, Perry nabbed $5.565 million for the Mediterranean-style house – about $1 million less than she paid back in 2011, when she was in the midst of her ultimately unsustainable marriage to Russell Brand.
Perry has a new place in Hollywood Hills. She bought three properties to create her own custom compound in May 2013.
Hollywood Hills is clearly the place for celebrity residents— or at least Perry. Want to be the pop singer’s neighbor? Check out Hollywood Hills homes currently on the market — you can even try looking for the most affordable homes in the Hills.
2. Leonardo DiCaprio Sells Malibu Home
The wolves of real estate took a bite out of the equity Leonardo DiCaprio was trying to recoup from his home at 23736 Malibu Colony Rd.
Originally listed for sale for $23 million, DiCaprio tried riding out the bumpy real estate recovery by renting his compound for as much as $75,000 and $115,000 a month. Malibu real estate is pretty hot, however. Current median home values hit at $2,190,300 and many of the beachfront homes for sale are priced over that.
However, once the sizzling summer rental season was over, Leo relisted the property with a $4.1 million price cut before “The Wolf of Wall Street” star accepted $17.35 million in December. With his home base now in Manhattan, where he lives in an eco-friendly pad in Battery Park, DiCaprio has put Los Angeles in his rearview mirror – for now.
3. Reese Witherspoon Sells Ojai Retreat At A Loss
Reese Witherspoon, wound up accepting less than half of the $10 million she originally asked for her Ojai ranch. The Tennessee native had slashed the list price several times ($10M; $8.9M; $7.25M and $5.9M) before settling on a bid of $4,983,500. That’s even less than Witherspoon paid for the 7-acre ranch back in 2008, when she bought it from designer Kathy Ireland for $5.8 million.
It’s not that Ojai doesn’t have an appealing real estate market; many celebrities have previously and currently, called the area home. John Krasinski and Emily Blunt bought a home there in October 2012 — and it was rumored that Robert Pattinson hid out at Witherspoon’s ranch to avoid the paparazzi after he broke it off with Kristen Stewart.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. It is also not paid advertising. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Neilson Rizzuto has been identified as the suspected drunk driver who drove a truck into a crowd at Mardi Gras and injured over a dozen.
- Actor Bill Paxton has died at 61. He starred in classic films including "Twister," "Titanic," and "Aliens."
- The iconic Nokia brick phone is making a comeback — reimagined with a colored screen, but classic game Snake hasn't gone anywhere 🐍📲
- Tonight at 8:30pm ET, BuzzFeed is celebrating the biggest night in Hollywood, the Oscars, with a live show and tipsy game of bingo 🏆🍹