1. Ellen Buys Modern Marvel Next To Playboy Mansion
Ellen DeGeneres has a thing for high-end houses in Los Angeles, but she’s also got a sly and wry sense of humor. Do these two dovetailing traits explain her latest real estate adventure?
DeGeneres and her wife, Portia de Rossi, were the lucky buyers of Brody House, a classic modern. The price they paid tells the story of just how coveted this real estate trophy is: $39,888,000.
The home is in Holmby Hills, right next door to Hugh Hefner’s famous Playboy Mansion, and was gained through an off-market deal after a mysterious owner bought the place in 2010 for $14.8 million, then had the home completely renovated.
Brody House sits on 2.3 acres and was commissioned in 1949 by art aficionado Frances Lasker Brody and designed by architect A. Quincy Jones.
There’s a living room with library area, pristine kitchen and formal dining room. The entire second floor is made up of a master suite with family room, study, terraces, plus twin dressing rooms. There are 3 additional bedrooms and 3 bathrooms, plus 4 rooms for staff.
2. It’s Good To Be The King … of Rap
Rick Ross likes to live large and now the superstar rapper appears to have solidified his supreme standing among today’s hip-hop and rap stars.
According to reports, Ross is the buyer for a mansion built and once owned by Evander Holyfield, who lost the spread to a forced bank sale in 2012.
Now word is that the largest single-family home in Georgia at a whopping 54,000 square feet has found a fitting new owner. Now it’s just a question of whether Ross changes the name of the street, since the house sits on 103 acres at 794 Evander Holyfield Way in Fayetteville, GA.
How big is this big house? Huge. There are 109 rooms, including 12 bedrooms and 21 bathrooms. The dining room can seat 100 guests and the backyard pool is said to be one of the largest private pools in the U.S., requiring 350,000 gallons of water.
3. Savvy Real Estate Buyer Christina Ricci Lists
Christina Ricci has shaken up the Internet lately with her new starring role: Shoving herself into small spaces. The actress has posted a series of photos of herself twisting into dryers and refrigerators along side a new hash tag: #Riccing
Good thing the house she owns in L.A. wasn’t quite that much cause for gymnastics. Still, Ricci is looking to part with the 1,900-square-foot bungalow in Los Feliz, which she has listed for sale for $1.695 million. Los Feliz is a hot real estate market, with 81 homes for sale and strong home values.
Ricci has owned the 2-bedroom, 3-bathroom home at 5417 Red Oak Dr., Los Angeles, CA 90068 since 2005, when she paid $1.5 million.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. It is also not paid advertising. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- The controversial HB2 "bathroom law" in North Carolina is on the cusp of being repealed, but LGBT activists say the repeal bill still allows discrimination.
- Jared Kushner, President Trump's son-in-law, is meeting with senators to revive a bill designed to reduce mass incarceration and recidivism.
- Trump's first meeting with his Chinese counterpart Xi Jinping will take place at the president's Mar-A-Lago resort in Florida April 6 and 7.
- The trailer for the new film version of Stephen King's "It" has dropped and the general consensus is that it will make you defecate your pants 🤡