1. The world oceans contain an estimated total of 10 billion tons of gold
2. The largest gold nugget in the world weighs 59.9 lbs
3. Elvis Presley owned a gold plated Cadillac
4. All the gold in the world could be compressed into an 18-yard cube, which is about 1/10 the mass of the Washington Monument
5. Two thirds of the world's gold comes from South Africa
6. During the 14th century, drinking molten gold was considered a treatment for the bubonic plague
7. Absolutely pure gold is so soft that it can be molded with the hands
8. Nearly all of the gold on Earth came from meteorites that bombarded the planet over 200 million years after it formed
9. Pure gold is edible
10. Following the collapse of the gold standard, the yellow metal became a blingin' accessory.
11. HTC has made a limited edition of 24 karat gold plated HTC One smartphone
12. 80% of the world’s gold is still in the ground
13. Kelis and Nas got matching grills valued at $36,000 each to celebrate their engagement
14. The San Francisco 49ers are named after the 1849 Gold Rush miners
15. The word "Gold" comes from the Old English word "Geolu," meaning yellow
16. First pure gold coins were created by King Croesus of Lydia in 540 B.C.
17. The price of gold is often linked to major economic and political events
18. Gold makes the best bling
19. Seriously, BEST BLING
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!