Mitt Romney caused a fuss in Michigan earlier this year when he declared that “The trees are the right height,” in the state.
A BuzzFeed reader at the time thought Romney was channelling Hemingway, but his position puts him at odds with many Michiganders who aren’t sure whether or not the trees are up to snuff.
A new Public Policy Polling survey shows that a majority of voters in the state aren’t sure whether the trees are the right height, while Democrats are far more likely to agree with Romney than Republicans. Among the all-important Independent voters in the state, more voters disagree with Romney (10 percent) and more say they aren’t sure if he’s right (62 percent).
3. In Michigan, do you think the trees are the right height, or not?
4. Among Democrats
5. Among Republicans
- Immigrants are worried two government memos are laying the groundwork for the deportation force Trump promised on the campaign trail.
- A US federal judge ruled that Texas can't cut Planned Parenthood out of its Medicaid program.
- The UK Supreme Court ruled that it's legal for the government to keep couples apart because of their income.
- Yalla! You can now download a new Arab emoji keyboard that includes a belly dancer, Oman Chips, and more 👏