1. The silly things we tell ourselves while writing.
2. When your research takes a turn.
3. When you learn tweets don't add to your word count.
4. When your book refuses to write itself.
5. The start of every book.
6. This steady deterioration.
7. When you're trying to write a series.
8. When what you write doesn't match up with what's in your head.
9. These six signs you're a writer.
10. When you read your own draft.
11. When someone asks how the writing is going.
12. These emoji translations.
13. This ugly cycle.
14. The whole creative process.
15. Whenever you try to take a break from writing.
16. When you sometimes need this little reminder.
17. This conundrum.
18. The struggle of trying to catch all your good ideas.
19. Especially if they come to you in a dream.
20. When your editing process takes over your whole house.
21. When figuring out the details takes longer than expected.
22. The hard part.
23. This raw footage of revising.
24. When your characters have a mind of their own.
25. And when you celebrate finishing a draft by throwing the whole thing away.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!