1. When the salesman calls you “Boss” and “My friend” and you try to keep a poker face but deep down you know you’re about to get screwed over.
2. When you get most of your food recommendations from Bahrain Food Reviews but never like, comment or make your presence known.
3. Being forced to choose between oxygen and smelling all the garbage at the beginning of American Alley.
4. Standing outside Coco’s, and preparing yourself mentally for all the BS you’re about to experience by telling yourself that the food is worth it.
5. Then finally walking into Coco’s, and its empty and you just stand there not knowing what to do, because you’ve always had to fight for a table and not used to things being handed to you.
6. 2 kinds of people at brunch: the ones who get their money's worth in alcohol
7. And the sober ones who sit there and judge all the drunk people.
8. When they bring the bill at brunch and they jacked up the price because the prices of alcohol going up, even though you weren't drinking alcohol..
9. This mess
10. When somebody who's new in town posts on Facebook about living in Bahrain, going to black flag areas and badassery thinking they're Rambo after driving through Sitra once...
11. When you have a hard time understanding people because Arabs can't pronounce the letter 'P', Filipinos can't pronounce the letter 'F' and Indian can't pronounce the letter 'H'...
12. Anywhere else in the world, this sign would be a joke. But around here it's necessary...
13. When all the good stuff are NOT in Bahrain...
14. You've been here at least once...
15. Whenever you look at the prices on menus in restaurants in Bahrain
16. You'd take Karak Tea over Starbucks on any day...
17. How you look when you first arrive to Bahrain Vs. How you look when you about to leave Bahrain.
18. When you ask "what's your best prices?" and they say "it was 15 BD but for you I give 10 BD, boss.."
19. But when you try to use your bargaining skills you learned in Bahrain in other countries and ask "what's your best price?" you get your butt whooped.
20. If you had a dollar for every time you heard "Bahrain is not for me..", "Can't wait to go home.." or "I'm so over Bahrain"
21. You've fantasized about doing this at least once...
22. When you judge all the arrogant and negligent drivers but then you start doing it yourself and start wondering what have you become.
23. When you start hanging out with a new group and all they do is gossip and talk smack about other people.
24. But all the drama and gossip never makes you doubt the goodness of the people in Bahrain.
For more Bahrain related Buzzfeed lists and restaurant reviews, make sure you like Bahrain Food Reviews on Facebook.