2. Selena called her tour bus "Big Bertha." It had no power steering, no heating, no air conditioning, no running water, no electricity, no restroom, AND the windows would not go down.
5. Selena dropped out of school and got her GED so she could perform full time because that is how her family made a living.
6. The music video for "Amor Prohibido" was shot at Joshua Tree National Park in Southern California.
9. Selena was planning on recording a full album in English before her unexpected death in 1995. It was her lifelong dream.
10. "No Me Queda Mas" was actually filmed in the San Antonio Amtrak station, at the grand staircase.
11. Two weeks after her death, George W. Bush, governor of Texas at the time, declared April 16 "Selena Day" in Texas.
13. There's a Selena Museum in Corpus Christi, Texas, which holds her Grammys, dresses, and other memorabilia.
14. Beyoncé met Selena once at a mall in Houston.
19. Selena was buried in the purple outfit she wore to the 1995 Tejano Music Awards just a month before she died.
Previous version of this included a photo of a different outfit.
21. When asked what she would be doing if she wasn't a singer, she said she would probably be working at Whataburger.
22. She grew up performing with Los Dinos at her father's Mexican food restaurant, Papagayo, in Lake Jackson, Texas.
23. In the months following her death, more than 600 baby girls throughout south Texas were named after Selena.
25. Originally, 13 songs were written for the album Dreaming of You, but only four songs were recorded before her death.
Dreaming Of You was certified 35 times platinum.