1. A rechargeable flopping fish toy designed for cats, but dogs seem to love it, too! It has a motion sensor, so whenever your pet touches it, it moves.
Promising reviews: "Best cat toy. My cat absolutely loves this fish. Well worth the price to keep my cat entertained." —Joanne
"I bought two for my Frenchie and Chihuahua they both stay entertained for a good while tossing and chewing on the little trout. The charge usually last about a week on a single charge." —Chef Raul Alberto Dominguez
Get it from Amazon for $14.99+ (available in four styles).
2. A pack of silvervine sticks if you're tired of your cat chewing through wires. These will not only keep your kitty entertained, but it's also all-natural and will eliminate dental plaque and tartar while they gnaw on them.
Promising review: "Usually my cat gets tired with these after an hour or two and I have to give them a new one. These kept him entertained for up to two days and I would see him dragging them around the house." —Jesus Montero
Get it from Amazon for $6.99+ (available in two sizes).
3. A retractable hanging tug rope so your pup can play tug-of-war all by themselves. It'll not only keep them occupied, but it'll wear them out, too! And don't worry, it's designed to keep any sharp parts away from their mouth so they can safely play for hours.
Promising review: "Best entertaining toy ever. This was the best toy I have purchased for my puppy yet. He loves it and it helps keep him busy when he is in the yard all day. Only gave 4 stars on durability because in a month he has already tore up the rope toy and bungee a little. However my 70-pound Chesapeake is what you would classify as an extremely heavy chewer." —Tammi Duckert
"My dog loves this toy!!! Our collie loves to chew and tug and this toy keeps him entertained!" —Judy
Get it from Amazon for $25.59+ (available in three sizes/styles).
4. A pet food puzzle toy for both dogs and cats, that'll challenge them to get treats out. And if your fur-baby loves to eat, they'll happily play with this for hours. This is also a great slow-feeder if your pet usually eats wayyy too fast.
Promising review: "Bought this for our maltichonpoo. Once he figured it out he was obsessed! Had to get every last treat in it! Really easy to put together and has an adjustable height which was useful in helping our dog figure out how to turn it. We now use this to keep our little guy busy and entertained." —Patricia
Get it from Amazon for $27.79.
5. A giggle ball because a bored dog is no laughing matter. This will make silly sounds that'll keep your four-legged friend rolling around and playing for a long time. And it has over 47,000 five-star ratings!
BTW, we have a roundup of ingenious pet products that your fur baby might want to get their paws on.
Promising reviews: "Just enough giggles to keep my puppy entertained but not overly noisy so it doesn't drive us crazy." —The Hope's
"This toy keeps my boxer entertained for hours! It's the perfect toy I've been looking for, plus he hasn't been able to get his mouth around it enough to chew on it." —Jackie
Get it from Amazon for $14.99.
6. A rip-and-reveal plushie so your dog will be able to channel some of their destructive energy into a toy instead of destroying your furniture. They'll have to tear it apart to reveal another squeaky toy inside — it's two toys in one!
Promising review: "Exciting and challenging. This toy really engaged and entertained our dogs, one is 44 pounds, one is 65 pounds. They loved the squeak. The 65-pound one destroyed it and had the inner toy in 30–45 minutes, the other can't open it but loves it as is." —Chuck Hepburn
Get it from Amazon for $11.99+ (available for small and large dogs and in multiple styles).
7. An interactive maze for your genius cat who has figured out every other toy and is completely bored. Reviewers love it because it's the purr-fect activity to keep their kitty busy for hours.
Promising review: "This is way more than I expected in many ways, easy to put together, great construction, and has science behind slow-eating puzzles for cats. It challenges them and makes them work for treats. It keeps my cat busy and entertained while I work, and the kids love watching the cat work on getting a snack." —Anita
Get it from Amazon for $15.92.
8. A triangle tug toy because it has two shapes and two textures to keep your pup interested for a long time. This is also made of 100% natural rubber and cotton so it's totally pet-safe.
Promising review: "It is now my dog's new favorite toy. She usually gets excited with a new toy but that excitement doesn’t sustain for long, however, this toy has continued to entertain her for hours! It’s great!" —Jazmine
Get it from Wild One for $15+ (available in standard and small sizes and seven colors).
9. A Catit super roller circuit that will keep your cat entertained when you need to get something done. If you WFH, this will be a life-saver, since they always seem to want attention when you're busy working.
Promising review: "First of all let me say that assembling this was a breeze! Very simple and I loved the fact that I could design the track in whatever shape I desired. I accidentally ordered two but in all honesty, two tracks made the toy even MORE enjoyable to assemble and since I have 5 kitties it was just more track to share although one of my cats is NOT very good at sharing. After this was assembled they went bonkers over it, trying in earnest to get the ball out of the track. They had me in stitches. This is SUCH a cool toy and it kept my cats very busy and entertained as they are NOT outdoor cats and really need to get out some energy at times in a constructive way. One thing I might change about this product, I wish the ball lit up or made some type of squealing or tweeting sound. It would be even more entertaining. Overall, I LOVE this toy!!! Almost as much as my cats do!!!! Im all for redirecting excess feline energy in a constructive manner." —carol
Get it from Amazon for $22.99.
10. A fleece snuffle ball because your fur-baby will be able to search for treats instead of looking at you with sad puppy eyes when they're totally bored and a little hungry. It'll satisfy their need to sniff around and get a snack.
Schmooget and Things is an Etsy small biz that makes adorable pet gifts and accessories for humans, too.
Promising reviews: "These snuffle balls really make them work for the treats. It cleans up well and is easy to fill. I am happy with the quality and will order more to keep her busy." —Rebecca Thompson
"My dogs love these. Keeps them happily occupied rooting around for little treats. Well made. Prompt shipping. I highly recommend." —Barbara O'Connor
Get it from Schmooget And Things on Etsy for $20+ (available in small or large).
11. An interactive roller cat toy that reviewers say is perfect to keep both kittens and cats entertained. Not only is it mentally stimulating, but it'll also provide a physical activity so your kitty can get in some much needed exercise during the day.
Promising review: "I foster kittens for our local shelter. We raise them until they can be placed in great homes. It is important to give the kittens challenging toys to play with. They love to try to capture things. They are little hunters. I put this together and put it down in less than a half hour. It has been entertaining four kittens and one of my resident's full-grown cats. Great price and good toy to stimulate the little fur babies." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $10.99+ (available in eight colors/designs).
12. A geometric treat-dispensing toy because it will roll and bounce around while your dog tries to get the hidden treats out. And you can also switch things up by attaching two or more of these to keep your dog interested.
Up Dog Toys is a family-founded small business creating beautiful and functional toys for the modern pet.
Promising review: "The Odin's unique and modern design keeps my 3-year-old dog entertained. We play with it all the time!" —EL
Get it from Up Dog Toys for $23.95 (available in five designs).
13. A rechargeable self-moving ball that will roll on its own so you won't have to throw a ball back and forth. And it has three modes so you can choose the right setting for your pup.
Promising review: "I have two Frenchies, and I got them each a ball, and they won't play with two at a time, they wanna play with one together, which is fine with me. You get about two hours per charge, and it tires them out and keeps them entertained. My pups become obsessed with this ball, I literally have to take it away for them to leave it alone. Worth every penny, and the quality is on point, durable, and replacement skins are only $12!!! I would highly recommend this product to any dog owner." —Sean L.
Get it from Cheerble for $39.99+ (available in four colors or with a tougher exterior).
14. A treat puzzle box because you can switch up the configuration of the inner boxes so your cat will never get bored. It's designed to stimulate your cat's natural foraging instincts to explore, scratch, sniff and search for hidden food.
Promising review: "This is an amazing puzzle for cats! It has provided hours of entertainment to my cat so far and because it has so many places to hide treats he doesn’t get board, every time is a “new” puzzle for him and you can change the configuration any time! Very sturdy, he has climbed on the cube a couple of times and it’s like new. I know is a bit pricy compare to other cat toys but is totally worth it! When done he is mentally tired and ready to take a nap." —Flavia Lanata
Get it from Amazon for $25.95.
15. Foraging balls for your bird, chinchilla, hamster, or gerbil that loves to gnaw. These are non-toxic and made with natural sola plant root so your pet will be able to be as destructive as they want without you having to worry.
16. A scratcher toy made with organic catnip, silvervine, and valerian root to attract your cat and encourage them to roll, scratch, and kick. They'll probably wear themselves out and take an epic nap after.
Hoffn Paw Pet Toys is a small business based in Chicago, Illinois.
Promising review: "I’m speaking for my two cats and they absolutely love this toy. I bought the medium size and from the minute I put it on the floor they both were intrigued either the sound of the bell and the cat nip they just go crazy for. Such An amazing way to keep them busy." —Mary Beth
Get it from Hoffn Paw Pet Toys on Etsy for $15.25+ (available in four colors and three sizes).