1. A paw washer so your pup won't track mud into the house, keeping your floors clean. Just add water to this cylinder, and then, pop your fur-baby's paws in and out. The soft bristles will remove dirt and debris — leaving no tracks in sight.
Promising review: "I have four dogs in NYC. I have to wash their feet after every walk because the streets are so filthy. It would take me about fifteen minutes to clean their paws with a spray bottle and towel. Now, it takes about five minutes. And the towel doesn’t end up filthy. The dirt gets caught in the cup, plus the dogs seem to like it. The silicone bristles must feel good. A huge thumbs-up!" —Sandra
Get it from Amazon for $14.02+ (available in three sizes, eight colors, and with or without a lid).
2. A robotic vacuum because it will pick up pet hair, dust, and crumbs with a press of a button. It'll even get in those hard-to-reach areas like under the couch and get rid of any evidence that a pet even lives here.
This robo vac can easily move between hard floors and low-pile carpets/rugs and can pick up all the accumulated dust, dirt, and hair while you go about your day.
Promising review: "First of all, I LOVE this vacuum. We have a smaller, single-level house with mainly tile floors and low pile carpet... and three indoor/outdoor cats. I hate vacuuming. The cats hated me vacuuming. The Eufy has solved both our issues. I hit the button in the morning or evening, and the little guy trundles around bouncing off of corners and chair legs and the occasional cat butt, and by the time it's done the floor is debris-free. I will say, it's far better at picking up hay bits and sand and cat fur than I expected. It does occasionally catch a stray cord, and it has gotten stuck on the rug with fringed edges a time or two, but for the most part it's really low maintenance and MUCH quieter than I was expecting. The cats, after an initial period of stalking it around the house, mainly ignore it entirely. It's only (slight) flaw is that longer strands of hair (mostly mine) and other strings/threads it pulls from throw rugs tend to wind themselves up around the brush. That said, it's super easy to remove and clean the brush once a week or so. The dust bin gets emptied every other use and hasn't been completely full yet." —SunnySD
Get it from Amazon for $199.99+ (available in black and white).
3. A discreet cat litter box that looks nothing like a traditional litter box. This hidden cat ~washroom~ looks like an ottoman or bench depending on the size you choose. No one will ever know it's where your cat does their *business*.
Promising review: "I have two cats and have been so stressed about visitors coming in and being able to smell the litter box even though it is hidden away. I needed a cover for it and couldn’t find one that would fit, so I decided to purchase this. To say I’m obsessed is an understatement. It is amazing quality and hides the litter box perfectly!! Highly recommend!!" —Madison Gatliff
Get it from Amazon for $53.99+ (available in three sizes, with or without a litter box, and five colors).
4. Or, for dogs, a crate because it blends in with your furniture. This is paw-fect to keep your dog comfy and cozy without the eyesore of a traditional crate. Top it with a lamp and knickknacks, and it'll look like an end table.
Promising review: "Crate looks like furniture. Crate is very simple to assemble. So far, it has remained chew-free despite having a miniature Australian Shepherd puppy staying in as needed. Blends in with furniture pretty well. This eliminates having the stereotypical crate sitting in a corner." —Daniel Smith
Get it from Amazon for $65.87+ (available in five finishes and four sizes).
5. An air purifier that captures pet dander, odor, and dust along with smoke and pollen. It works quietly so you'll barely even notice it, but once you get a glimpse of how dirty the filter gets, you'll wonder how you went this long without one. Your home will smell pet-free, and it can also help with everyday odors, too.
Promising review: "Knocks out litter box odor like a champ. Let me begin by saying that I did not believe in air purifiers until I tried this product. After I added another Maine Coon cat to my condo, something had to be done to combat the litter box smell that was overtaking my upstairs hallway. I purchased the two-pack and have no regrets. You will notice immediate results in your home's air quality. One unit is enough to handle an open hallway with two litter boxes! I use the other in my living room to control the pet dander that sometimes floats in the air. Bottom line: Buy this product for crisp clean air that you will notice immediately." —Robert Robinson
Get it from Amazon for $89.99 (available in black or white).
6. A ChomChom pet hair roller because it has a reusable brush that grabs hair. You no longer have to deal with sticky lint rollers to get the job done. Swipe this over your couch, bed, or anywhere your pet loves to ~sprinkle~ fur, and this roller will get rid of it.
Promising review: "Where has this been all my cat-loving life? Sticky rollers work fine for clothes, but this is the only product that has ever COMPLETELY removed all the cat hair from my bed. I have a long-haired 20-pound tabby and if you run your hands up his back a few times and fling the hair everywhere, it looks like it's snowing — he never stops shedding no matter what I do. After using the ChomChom, I can put on a black dress and roll around on my bed and not get a single hair on me. It's absolutely amazing. Everyone is getting one for Christmas, even if they don't have a pet. I don't care, it's THAT good." —Stephanie
Get it from Amazon for $29.99.
7. Or, a Bissell handheld vacuum with a special rubber nozzle that sucks up stubborn, stuck-on hair from furniture and carpet. It's also lightweight and compact, perfect for quick cleanups.
It also comes with a hard nozzle for cleaning up dry messes or the inside of a vehicle.
Promising review: "I've seriously bought every kind of vacuum out there, including the Roomba, which is about as intelligent as a Q-tip. But I have four cats and a golden retriever, so I was getting desperate! I believe the saying is… a picture is worth a thousand words. Check mine out! Of note—the 'before' picture was taken of my dog's bed AFTER it went through the washer and dryer. Look at all of that left-behind hair! And the 'after' picture was taken after only THREE MINUTES spent vacuuming her bed. I am sold!" —Luka Chan
Get it from Amazon for $24.99.
8. An odor-eliminating spray that gets rid of ~those accidents~ that you need to zap away ASAP. It releases enzymes that breakdown urine (or any organic matter like vomit) on contact. Your carpet will look and smell like there isn't a pet in sight.
Rocco & Roxie is a family-owned small business named after the Magleby family's pets Rocco, a Labradoodle, and Roxie, a former shelter tabby cat. They make a variety of pet supplies, including cleaners, treats, grooming tools, accessories, and toys.
Promising review: "I have six elderly cats, and a few of them oftentimes leave smelly pee puddles to register their disdain at whatever cats get 'peed off' about. It's not a litter box problem and, although I've caught one or two of them doing it, I can't blame them all. This product works great on fresh messes as well as dried ones. After blotting up fresh pee pods, I saturate the area with Rocco & Rossi's odor remover and let dry. For dried stinky stuff, I just saturate the area and let it dry. It has a pleasant odor and completely eliminates the ammonia odor. Believe me, I've tried all kinds of products, and this one works the best. I buy gallons now just to have on hand. It's better than smelling that awful pee!" —mona mia
Get it from Amazon for $19.97+ (available in two sizes).
Check out our in-depth Rocco & Roxie Professional Strength Stain & Odor Eliminator review for more!
9. A Litter Robot because this automatic litter box collects waste — no more scooping! You just toss the bag when it's full. It reduces odor and allows you to go longer in between cleanings. And it can be controlled on an app! Plus, its sleek design doesn't look like a typical litter box; it can blend in for a less obvious alternative to a traditional box.
See what BuzzFeed editor, Jenae Sitzes has to say:
"When my mom first told me about this $500 automatic litter box she'd read about somewhere, my eyes just about popped out of my head thinking about spending that much on a thing that my cats poop in. But after thinking about it some more, I realized it's actually a pretty reasonable investment since I plan on owning cats forever but shamefully hate cleaning out their litter boxes as often as they really should be. I've been using the Litter Robot myself for three months now, and I'm pretty sure both me and my two cats are way happier for it. After a cat is done using it, the Litter Robot waits a set amount of time until the cat's presence is no longer detected, then begins to rotate, collecting the waste into a bag at the bottom while retaining the clean litter in the barrel. I usually don't detect a smell from it afterward, though once the bag starts to get really full, you might get a subtle reminder that you need to take it out. I only have to take out that bag about once a week, and a flashing light will let you know when it's full.
Initially, the cats were a little spooked by the sound of the Litter Robot during a cycle, and for the first few weeks, they would just sit and stare at it, as if it would get up and run at them if they took their eyes off it. At this point, though, they've completely adjusted and accepted it as their way of life, making my life a heck of a lot easier while ensuring they always have a clean bed of litter. It's a pricey purchase, to be sure, but if cleaning out the litter box daily or even every other day is hard for you and you'd rather not think about it much at all, I say the Litter Robot is worth it. One thing to note: It's quite large, so make sure you have a dedicated space for it."
Get it from Litter Robot for $549 (available in white or gray).
10. Or, a cheaper top-entry litter box that has a grooved lid design to remove litter from your cat's paws as they climb out. It can also be a great option if you have a curious dog who likes to dig in your cat's litter box because it will keep them out. This contraption will keep your floors cleaner than a typical cat litter box — leaving less evidence that you even have a pet.
Reviewers say it works for both small and bigger cats alike! One reviewer's tip: Make sure the side without the grooved lid is facing a wall so that cats can't jump out that way (the grooved side is what prevents litter tracking).
Promising review: "I love this litter box for far more than the purpose I bought it for. It has an elegant design and looks so much nicer in my house than a normal ugly litter box. The box is deep enough and the cover is high enough that urine cannot possibly leak out. The cover to this litter box works so much better at getting the litter off my cat’s paws than a rug or mat, and my floors are so much cleaner because of that. I absolutely love this litter box." —Richard
Get it from Amazon for $39.99+ (available in three colors and two styles).
11. A pack of plant-based compostable dog wipes to wipe away dirt and grime that somehow accumulates by the truckload on your pup's paws. Not only does it prevent muddy footprints from getting all over your floors and furniture, but it also helps with smelly paws. It's hypoallergenic and even gentle enough for dogs with sensitive skin.
Promising review: "OK, so it might be a bit much to say that I’m ‘obsessed’ with dog wipes, right? Wrong, they are just that good. I’ve tried so many dog wipes but none compare to these. The wipes are extra damp (and stay that way even after opening) which means one wipe goes a long way. They also smell great, have a thick feel, and are hypoallergenic. I have a dog who has sensitive skin and we use these wipes after walks to get rid of allergies. Game changer. Try them out. You won’t be disappointed!" —I Only Shop Online
Get it from Amazon for $9.99+ (available in 100- or 400-count and lavender or unscented).
12. A rubber-bristled broom because it will pick up all the pet hair your vacuum leaves behind. You'll be shocked just how much is still embedded in your floors even after a deep clean. This broom is also extendable so you don't have to bend or stretch. No one would be able to tell you have a pet because this makes all that fur disappear!
Promising review: "I bought this broom based on the tons of great reviews and I am not disappointed. I love this broom! It is lightweight but sturdy. I have used it on tile floors and carpet and it does a great job of getting the pet hair, lint, and dirt. I like this so much better than our traditional push broom. It is very easy to clean after use just using my hand, unlike our old broom. It also has a telescoping handle so that you can adjust it to whatever height you need. There is also a squeegee for doing the house windows and the car windows. I highly recommend it." —Joyce V
Get it from Amazon for $16.99 (available in four styles and a two-pack).
Check out BuzzFeed Shopping Editor Emma Lord's full FURemover Broom review for more.
13. A professional pet grooming brush for cats and dogs to help drastically reduce shedding. This comb will detangle and remove excess hair so it won't get all over your couch.
Promising review: "Absolutely perfect for Nugget, my 9 month old pug, it seems like he loves the feel of the brush since he happily sits for brushes. I can get about a baseball size collection of hair off of him and honestly still can keep going. It leaves his fur nice and soft and the brush is super easy to keep clean. I highly recommend!" —Tiffany Sparto
Get one for short/medium hair from Amazon for $13.89 (available in four colors).
14. A dog toys basket because, just like my child, my dog has accumulated more toys than I ever imagined. This will keep your pet's toys in one organized spot instead of all over your home. Tuck their faves away discreetly so your home won't look like a zoo.
Promising review: "I like the decoration style and simplicity this dog toy basket provides. I find it durable and spacious enough for several toys and bones. My dog likes the drag it into the living room and dump the whole thing out. She likes that she can easily move it around. I like that I can have it be in an easily accessible place that doesn’t distract from the rest of the room. I would purchase again." —Eileen Daniels
Get it from Amazon for $17.99+ (available in five colors and a cat version).