10. Learning doesn't only happen in a classroom.
9. Keep something in your back pocket for rainy (aka your supply teaching) days.
8. Move your class outdoors whenever you can.
7. Always provide choice.
6. Learn life skills and then promote them both inside and outside of the classroom as often as you can.
5. Plan plan plan. But remember to breathe when things do not go according to plan.
4. Reflect often. Reflect always.
3. Get involved in the local community.
2. Stay positive even when it's really, really hard to do.
1. Take time to take care of yourself.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!