Remember: previous high-earners like Tom and Katie, Ashton and Demi, Katy and Russell, and Heidi and Seal all broke up this year. Let’s see who takes the top spot without them.
5. Will and Jada Pinkett Smith: $40 million
Do the words Men In Black 3 and Madagascar 3 mean anything to you? Yup, both of those films scored big for the Smiths this year. Though I’m not sure how much money Will and Jada actually make off of their kids, but Jaden and Willow are certainly money-making machines, too.
4. Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie: $45 million
Brangelina is so hot right now: the couple is engaged and starring in movies that make lots and lots of money. Brad’s Oscar nominations for Moneyball certainly didn’t hurt, either.
3. David and Victoria Beckham: $54 million
David just signed with the Los Angeles Galaxy for two more years but he is also earning a lot in his endorsement deals. Victoria’s fashion lines have been earning the couple a lot of money — as well as her Spice Girls royalties.
2. Gisele Bundchen and Tom Brady: $72 million
Gisele being one of the world’s top model helped her rake in $45 million and Brady just signed a new contract with the New England Patriots that will keep him there through 2014.
1. Jay-Z and Beyonce: $78 million
Despite taking time off to tend to new baby Blue Ivy, the release of Watch the Throne, Jay-Z and Kayne’s world tour, and Beyoncé’s other ventures (totaling $40 million in the past year) put this couple at #1.
- The death toll from Oakland's warehouse party fire has risen to 24. Officials still need to search 80% of the building.
- Obama's student loan forgiveness efforts will likely cost taxpayers tens of billions of dollars more than expected 👀💵
- The far-right candidate in Austria's election has lost the presidential race in a defeat for the global populist movement.