Oxygen describes the show as such:
Oxygen takes viewers to the close-knit Brooklyn community of Bay Ridge, and the adjacent neighborhoods of Coney Island, Brighton Beach, Bensonhurst and Gravesend (where two of the women live), in Oxygen’s newest docu-series “Brooklyn 11223,” premiering on Monday, March 26 at 11PM ET/PT. The series provides a voyeuristic look into the lives of a group of twentysomething friends whose once rock-solid friendships have been torn apart by betrayal. The borough of Brooklyn provides a scenic and energetic backdrop to an authentic story of friendship, love and family.
Much of the activity takes place in the diverse and increasingly affluent, but still traditional, community of Bay Ridge, a destination for many young people in that part of Brooklyn due to its vibrant collection of shops, restaurants, and bars. It is the place where the kids hang out, unwind and where one of the cast members works. While Bay Ridge was made famous by the 1977 movie “Saturday Night Fever,” the community has come a long way since the days of Tony Manero. With strong community roots, Bay Ridge is a destination for many from near and far. But all of these neighborhoods have common themes; it’s the bonds of loyalty, respect and family.
Vividly shot in a lush documentary style that showcases the urban streetscapes of Brooklyn, “Brooklyn 11223” reveals a story featuring two former best friends, one of whom might have betrayed the bonds of friendship by seducing the other’s boyfriend.
So basically, it’s a regular “Beverly Hills, 90210” …except that nobody’s rich and everybody hits the club every night. (And I’m not talking about a classy establishment like the Peach Pit.)
A preview of the upcoming season:
5. The cast in their natural environment:
Here’s a preview of tonight’s episode, “Everybody Loves Drama” (indeed!), in which two ladies fight on the beach:
So, BuzzFeed: how do we feel about Brooklyn’s new show? Happy? Sad? Mad? Or just relieved that the network decided not to make this all about Williamsburg, for once?
- Trump has named H.R. McMaster as his new National Security Adviser, replacing Michael Flynn, who resigned last week.
- Milo Yiannopoulos's book has been canceled after he was accused of defending pedophilia.
- Russian ambassador to the UN Vitaly Churkin has died after suffering from cardiac arrest this morning, a day before his 65th birthday.
- A girl's best friend showed up to her date in a fake mustache to spy on her and it is the definition of friendship goals 😎