13 Methods Of Self-Care You Might Not Have Tried Yet
Has this world got you feeling down? Here are some new things to try.
2020 is off to a hectic start and the world feels like it's on fire. Sometimes it can all feel like a bit too much. Inspired by that feeling, I've gathered some methods of self-care that mean a lot to me and have helped me out so much in my everyday life. Please note, I'm not a doctor or a health expert, but I hope they inspire you to try something new!
1. Mix up your tea intake.
2. Up your intake of probiotics and/or fermented foods.
3. Spend time stretching or doing yoga.
4. Add some new herbs into your life.
5. Give in to the power of massage.
6. Try meditation.
7. Try adding kombucha to your diet.
8. Seek out crystals and gemstones that may help keep emotions in check.
9. Try aromatherapy.
10. Try energy healing with acupuncture or reiki.
11. Take an epsom salt bath.
12. Spend time in nature.
13. Follow your gut and try something new!
If you or someone you know have been struggling with mental health issues, here are some really helpful resources you may want to check out:
• Psychology Today therapist finder
• BuzzFeed's guide to navigating a mental health crisis
• The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
• Global suicide prevention resource
If you need to talk to someone immediately, the US National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is 1-800-273-8255. A list of international suicide hotlines can be found here.