1. You remember “The Simple Life” (and the time when Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie were best friends).
2. You know Ke$ha.
3. But do you remember the episode of “The Simple Life” that a young Ke$ha and her family was on?
4. I know. It’s crazy.
Wikipedia describes the episode as follows:
Paris and Nicole try their hand as wedding planners at the Dearly Beloved Wedding Chapel in Nashville. Trouble starts when the girls oversleep and leave the nervous bride biting her nails at the altar. They also set up their single host mom up with a date. A future pop singer by the name of Kesha Sebert is featured. The girl’s also customize a cake. When they go in the church, the heads of the cake fall on the floor. When they get their report, they get an F. Before their average grade was a C-.
It was a zany episode that didn’t make a whole lot of sense, but all you really need to know is that Paris and Nicole were asked to set Ke$ha’s mom up on a date.
6. So let’s go through some of the episode’s best moments, like when we first met Ke$ha’s mom:
8. When Paris got real with Ke$ha’s mother:
11. When Ke$ha’s mom outlined everything she wants in a man:
13. How Ke$ha made a man dance:
16. When Ke$ha brought up the dancing thing again…
17. …and got a horrible response.
18. When Paris and Nicole brought back the dancing man (Randy) to meet Ke$ha’s mom:
19. And Ke$ha gave him the ol’ “up and down”:
20. And then Ke$ha’s mom reacted like this:
21. When they kissed almost immediately after meeting each other:
22. When everybody all had a laugh at bad Paris and Nicole are at matchmaking.
23. When Ke$ha stayed in touch with Paris, went to a party at her house years later, threw up in her closet, and wrote a song about it:
Not something that happened in the episode. This was years and years later. Still a good story, though!
24. When Ke$ha was asked about the song and she said this:
I barfed in her closet. I ended up going to her house for a party, and I thought it was a bathroom. I was dancing too hard. And it turned out to be her closet.
You can find part of the episode on YouTube.
- White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer repeated claims that the inauguration was the most watched ever. But the numbers (still) don't make sense.
- President Donald Trump signed an executive order that bans foreign organizations that receive US funding from providing abortions.
- Democratic lawmakers say Trump's new hotel in Washington, DC, has lost over $1 million and violates its lease with the government.
- You could be consuming fake news on Snapchat Discover. The app is now making publishers fact-check their content 👻