However, a MAJOR SPOILER WARNING! Many of these responses are about the deaths of characters in movies or the tragic storylines they fall into.
1. When Miguel plays "Remember Me" for Mama Coco in Coco.
2. The final scene in Gladiator
3. When Solomon is released and sees his grown up family for the first time in 12 Years A Slave.
4. Yondu's funeral in Guardians of the Galaxy 2.
5. When Truman says goodbye on The Truman Show.
6. Will Hunting breaking down in Good Will Hunting.
7. The beginning of Up.
8. John Coffey's death in The Green Mile.
9. When Joseph Gordon-Levitt's character is about to go into surgery in 50/50.
10. The ending of Schindler's List.
11. The fiery incinerator scene in Toy Story 3.
12. Cooper watching his kids age in Interstellar.
13. When Littlefoot's mom dies in The Land Before Time.
14. Bing Bong's death in Inside Out.
15. When Joel and Clementine run away on the beach in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.
16. When Molly says goodbye to Sam in Ghost.
17. When Chris got the job in The Pursuit of Happyness.
18. Ofelia's end in Pan's Labyrinth.
19. The old couple in Titanic.
20. The surprise death in Bridge to Terabithia.
21. The Saving Private Ryan scene filmed in the Normandy American Cemetery and Memorial.
22. When Sigur Rós begins to play in The Life Aquatic.
23. Babe's triumphant performance.
24. The final moments of Shawshank Redemption.
25. Tony's death in Avengers: Endgame.
26. Thomas J.'s funeral in My Girl.
27. The ending of La La Land.
28. Paul Walker's last scene in the Fast & Furious movies.
For more sad scenes, check out the original Reddit thread. What's the movie scene that brings YOU to tears? Share it in the comments below!
Some responses have been edited for length and clarity.